Values in American / World Thought is a two-year social science class that involves trips to Washington DC and to either India or South Africa. Students follow an established curriculum, then prepare for meeting public servants and world leaders on the trips by reading and analyzing their work. The curriculum retains relevance each year as students prepare to interview different leaders. Past interviewees include the Dalai Lama, Desmund Tutu, F.W. DeKlerk, Senator Bernie Sanders and many members of Congress.
Peruse the entire Values in World Thought Video Gallery.
For more information on the Values program and curriculum, please visit http://values.mountmadonnaschool.org/
- Visit our online store to order Values program DVDs and T-Shirts
Recent Values in World Thought Stories
- Aptos Times: Advice to Mount Madonna Students: Have Courage
- Santa Cruz Sentinel: Mount Madonna School Seniors Finish Classes Remotely
- Bridges of Understanding: 2020 Washington, D.C. Interviews
- 2020 Washington, D.C. Interviews: Gaining a Global Human Perspective on Today’s World
- Featured Video: Jimmy Panetta 2018 Interview