The “Learning Journeys” create an atmosphere of practical discovery about oneself and how to maintain one's composure and aims when meeting with the diverse challenges of travel in new environments. The journeys also help our students understand what we have in common as human beings, and to understand, at an experiential level, that we have some responsibility for the well being of others. Through these journeys students begin to understand that serving our communities is one of the primary roads to a happy and meaningful life.
Freshman and sophomores travel to Catalina, juniors to Washington D.C. and seniors to India. In the past, high school students also journeyed to South Africa.
Learning Journeys News
- Featured Video: 2022 High School Rafting - August 19, 2022
- Growing Up in Santa Cruz: History in the Making by Grace Timan - July 5, 2022
- Class of 2022: Valedictorian, Salutatorian and Seniors’ College Choices - June 8, 2022
- San Simeon Science Studies: Plankton, Stargazing and Ocean Engineering - May 11, 2022
- On Washington, D.C. Trip, Local Students Witness a Historic Moment and Protestors’ Strong Reactions - May 6, 2022