Our big and little "Buddy" program between the preschool/kindergarten, elementary and upper school, builds community, communication and practical life skills. It encourages peer modeling, good citizenship and the students form lasting, meaningful relationships.
Buddy Program Stories
The Mount Madonna School (MMS) graduating class of 2013 and the current third grade class have a special story to tell together. They are the first two classes who have maintained a mentoring relationship across divisions for three consecutive years. Read on....
- Good Times: Mt. Madonna Students Help With Elkhorn Slough Monitoring
- Fifth Grade’s Sea Lion Environmental Project
- Santa Cruz Sentinel: Students Explore Elkhorn Slough
- Growing Up in Santa Cruz: “The World is Knocking” by Lisa Catterall
- “It feels good to help people”: Students Participate in Day of Service in Honor of Martin Luther King Jr.
Quotes from parents
Tonight I had yet another reminder of why MMS is so special. After the middle school volleyball game I went to Harbor High for the high school game. There were two alumni there. I got big hugs and smiles from them. And who am I? A mom of a kid NINE years younger than them.
Do you remember the parents of a 3rd grade kid from when you were a senior in HS? No? Me either! The big buddies program is incredible. That bond is strong.
We have something special at our school.
--Robyn, Parent of Ben, Class of 2022