We at Mount Madonna School believe that part of our job of educating individuals is to help them develop into responsible world citizens. We believe that cultivating an awareness of their place in the world, understanding how their actions impact the planet, and developing empathy and compassion towards self and others, is an essential part of this goal.
We believe that service-learning and community service are key to developing the kinds of citizens that the world needs. For this reason, we place a high value on service to family, to the school community, to the larger local community, and lastly on a global level. At Mount Madonna School our Service Learning curriculum supports this vision at every level, from Preschool to High School.
Community Service Requirement
High school students are asked to meet a minimum of 8 hours/year (at least two hours to the school community and 6 hours to the larger local community.)
*High School Community Service forms can be downloaded or picked up in the office and turned in to the registrar.
Service Learning News
- Mount Madonna to Commemorate International Day of Peace
- Honoring Excellence 2022: Students Recognized with Memorial and Pillar Awards
- Understanding Ecosystems: Students Engage in Research at Elkhorn Slough Reserve
- Fifth Grade’s Sea Lion Environmental Project
- Government in Action: Students Interview County Supervisor Manu Koenig