Our athletic program offers a premier volleyball program for boys and girls in the Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League (SCCAL). Our girls’ varsity team has won the Division V State Championship and our boys volleyball team has taken SCCAL and CCS titles.
We have a cross country team open to both boys and girls. Students run routes on our extensive network of trails and elsewhere around the county and participate in local running events.
In addition to cross country, we have a varsity boys and girls track and field team competing in the Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League (SCCAL).
We believe competitive athletics, for those who choose to participate, provides opportunities for team building, healthy competition, learning about winning and losing, and meeting new situations with enthusiasm.
As in most school activities, almost every member of the high school competes on one of these teams. We also have a physical education program that insures each student will develop an appreciation for physical fitness. Many of our students also participate in other programs outside of school such as dance or community-based sports teams.
- Santa Cruz Sentinel: All-SCCAL Boys Volleyball
- Athletic Teams Honored With Top Academic Honors
- Santa Cruz Sentinel, Local Roundup: Hawks Advance to Semifinals
- Santa Cruz Sentinel Local Roundup: Busenhart Leads Mount Madonna Boys Volleyball in CCS First Round
- Santa Cruz Sentinel: Local Roundup, Mount Madonna Takes Aptos in Three