Mount Madonna School is a small independent school offering preschool through 12th grades, located on Summit Road between Gilroy and Watsonville, near Hwy 152 on the Central Coast. We educate our students on a 375-acre campus with sweeping views of the Monterey Bay. We are accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS) and have been providing an excellent education for more than 40 years. Read Mount Madonna School Professional Conduct Standards.
Elementary School Spanish Teacher
We have an immediate opening for the 2021-22 school year for a part-time Spanish Teacher to work in grades first through fifth, along with some additional duties in other parts of the school.
Mount Madonna School is a community of learners dedicated to creative, intellectual and ethical growth. MMS supports our students to become caring, self-aware, discerning and articulate individuals. We believe a fulfilling life includes personal accomplishments, meaningful relationships and service to society. Mount Madonna features top-notch academics, a dynamic performing arts program along with a competitive athletics program.
This part-time, 10 month, position requires:
- experience and ability to teach conversational Spanish and simple grammar in an engaging and effective way to grades 1st through 5th
- ability to expose students to patterns of speech and frequently used vocabulary words
- ability to offer a variety of ways for students to demonstrate their learning
- the ability to relate well with young children and parents
- excellent communication, interpersonal and written communication skills
- flexibility, dedication, and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
- a passion for teaching with good organization and lesson planning skills
- teaching experience preferred, teaching credential not required
- approximately 13-15 hours per week, 2-3 days per week including Tuesdays and Fridays.
This flexible job may also include other responsibilities (if candidate is willing and able) such as:
- covering lunch recess with students
- some Teacher Assistant times for our fifth grade students
- on-call for substitute teaching in other classes
Benefits include (but not limited to):
- low student/teacher ratio
- working with and learning from a cohesive, collaborative staff
- working in a beautiful, natural campus and bright, open classroom
- serving committed parents and being part of a K-12 school
- summers off and 27 days off throughout the school year
- two week teacher retreat and professional development before school starts
- paid professional development
This is an hourly paid position and includes 3 paid sick days, 403b retirement option and a paid lunch break if working longer than 6 hours in one day. We are accredited by WASC and CAIS.
Part Time Preschool Teacher Assistant / Recess Monitor Job Description
We have an immediate opening for a Preschool Teacher Assistant and elementary recess monitor to give lunch breaks to teachers while supervising the children. To succeed in this role, you must be compassionate, friendly, and willing to work a flexible schedule. Successful candidates should also possess the ability to interact with children in a positive and productive manner.
This full-time position requires:
- Oversee the safety of children in your care
- Implement COVID-19 policies and procedures
- The ability to relate well with young children
- Flexibility, dedication, and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Enjoy teaching in the outdoor environment, hiking, gardening with students
- Part-Time – 10:45am to 2:30 Monday through Thursday (with some
Benefits include (but not limited to):
- Working with cohesive, collaborative staff
- Beautiful, natural campus and bright, open working environment
- 3 paid sick days and 27 days off during the school year (not including summer break)
- Low student/teacher ratio
Mount Madonna School does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, gender identity or gender expression.