Values in American / World Thought is a two-year social science class that involves trips to Washington DC and to either India or South Africa. Students follow an established curriculum, then prepare for meeting public servants and world leaders on the trips by reading and analyzing their work. The curriculum retains relevance each year as students prepare to interview different leaders. Past interviewees include the Dalai Lama, Desmund Tutu, F.W. DeKlerk, Senator Bernie Sanders and many members of Congress.
In March, Mount Madonna High’s senior class will embark on the school’s two week learning journey to India to meet with leaders making positive change in their communities. Updates from their adventure will be posted at http://values.mountmadonnaschool.org/
For more information on the Values program and curriculum, please visit http://values.mountmadonnaschool.org/
Recent Values in World Thought Stories
- Santa Cruz Sentinel: Photo Gallery, Mount Madonna School Students Sit with the Dalai Lama
- Students Reflect on Values, Ethics and What is Meaningful and Relevant
- Seniors Say “Thank You” as Community Turns Out to Support Maitri Fundraiser Dinner
- Featured Video: An Interview with Congressman John David Dingell Jr.
- Chocolate Mousse and Kitchen Organization: Guest Chef Shares Culinary Advice as Seniors Prepare for March 9 Maitri Fundraiser Dinner