We at Mount Madonna School believe that part of our job of educating individuals is to help them develop into responsible world citizens. We believe that cultivating an awareness of their place in the world, understanding how their actions impact the planet, and developing empathy and compassion towards self and others, is an essential part of this goal.
We believe that service-learning and community service are key to developing the kinds of citizens that the world needs. For this reason, we place a high value on service to family, to the school community, to the larger local community, and lastly on a global level. At Mount Madonna School our Service Learning curriculum supports this vision at every level, from pre/K to High School.
Community Service Requirement
Middle school students are asked to meet a minimum of 6 hours/year (at least two hours to the school community and 4 hours to the larger local community.)
*Forms can be picked up at school or downloaded and turned in to the registrar.
- Students’ Conservation Efforts Awarded $5,000 at WE Day
- Enough to Eat: Students Study History, Food Insecurity and Visit Local Food Bank
- Santa Cruz Sentinel: Scientist Gets Some Help From Fifth Graders
- Senior Class Seeking Clothing Donations for the Children of the Sri Ram Ashram
- Feeding Families: Second Grade Class Hosts Food Drive; Community Participation Requested