We believe that students can learn many important life skills through dramatic performance. They can learn poise and confidence in public speaking, responsible participation in a group endeavor, introspection through character development, and deep understanding of the creative process. All students participate in the drama program.
The middle school sponsors two major dramatic events during the year. In the winter there is an all middle school production that has included such plays as Mulan, Seussical, and Alice in Wonderland. In the spring there is a school-wide production of The Ramayana!, an ancient Indian classic depicting an adventurous struggle between the forces of good and evil.
Performing Arts News
- 2017 Ramayana Photobook Available - June 20, 2017
- India West: Mount Madonna School’s Grand ‘Ramayana’ Production Slated for June 9-11 - June 1, 2017
- Guest Photographers at Ramayana! - May 24, 2017
- Bollywood Meets Rock and Roll: 39th Annual Ramayana! Onstage - May 11, 2017
- Heritage, History and Immigration: Celebrating the Cultures of America - March 24, 2017