We believe that students can learn many important life skills through dramatic performance. They can learn poise and confidence in public speaking, responsible participation in a group endeavor, introspection through character development, and deep understanding of the creative process. All students participate in the drama program.
The middle school sponsors two major dramatic events during the year. In the winter there is an all middle school production that has included such plays as Mulan, Seussical, and Alice in Wonderland. In the spring there is a school-wide production of The Ramayana!, an ancient Indian classic depicting an adventurous struggle between the forces of good and evil.
Performing Arts News
- Heritage, History and Immigration: Celebrating the Cultures of America - March 24, 2017
- Ramayana 2017 Cast List - March 4, 2017
- Ramayana 2017 Casting Reflections - March 2, 2017
- South Valley magazine: Fairy Tales - January 30, 2017
- Order Your Into the Woods Video Recording - January 30, 2017