We believe that students can learn many important life skills through dramatic performance. They can learn poise and confidence in public speaking, responsible participation in a group endeavor, introspection through character development, and deep understanding of the creative process. All students participate in the drama program.
The middle school sponsors two major dramatic events during the year. In the winter there is an all middle school production that has included such plays as Lion King, Mulan, Seussical, and Pirates of Penzance. In the spring there is a school-wide production of The Ramayana!, an ancient Indian classic depicting an adventurous struggle between the forces of good and evil.
Performing Arts News
- gmh Today, Theater Scene: Ramayana! - April 6, 2020
- Ramayana 2020 Cast List - March 2, 2020
- Ramayana 2020 Casting Reflections - February 25, 2020
- Aptos Times: Gitanjali & Friends, Concert Presented by Mount Madonna School Performing Arts - February 20, 2020
- Gilroy Life: Student Performers Provided A Lot of Energy in Telling Tale from the Middle Ages - February 10, 2020