We believe that students can learn many important life skills through dramatic performance. They can learn poise and confidence in public speaking, responsible participation in a group endeavor, introspection through character development, and deep understanding of the creative process. All students participate in the drama program.
The middle school sponsors two major dramatic events during the year. In the winter there is an all middle school production that has included such plays as Lion King, Mulan, Seussical, and Pirates of Penzance. In the spring there is a school-wide production of The Ramayana!, an ancient Indian classic depicting an adventurous struggle between the forces of good and evil.
Performing Arts News
- India Currents: Mount Madonna School’s Lavish "Ramayana!" Production Returns To Stage - July 9, 2022
- Aptos Times: "Ramayana!" Musical Returns Live - June 1, 2022
- Times Publishing Group: "Ramayana!" Musical Returns Live - May 23, 2022
- India Post: 43rd Annual Musical "Ramayana!" Returns to Stage, June 9-12 - May 18, 2022
- 43rd Annual Musical "Ramayana!" Returns to the Stage June 9-12 - May 5, 2022