We believe that students can learn many important life skills through dramatic performance. They can learn poise and confidence in public speaking, responsible participation in a group endeavor, introspection through character development, and deep understanding of the creative process. All students participate in the drama program.
The middle school sponsors two major dramatic events during the year. In the winter there is an all middle school production that has included such plays as Lion King, Mulan, Seussical, and Pirates of Penzance. In the spring there is a school-wide production of The Ramayana!, an ancient Indian classic depicting an adventurous struggle between the forces of good and evil.
Performing Arts News
- India Post: Mount Madonna School Presents 40th Production of Ramayana! - June 18, 2018
- India West: MMS Mesmerizes Audiences with 40th Annual Performance of Ramayana! with Modern Twist - June 18, 2018
- Class of 2018: Valedictorian, Salutatorian and Seniors’ College Choices - June 12, 2018
- 40th Ramayana Photobook Available for Purchase - June 12, 2018
- South Valley magazine: 40 Years of Tradition - June 7, 2018