We believe that students can learn many important life skills through dramatic performance. They can learn poise and confidence in public speaking, responsible participation in a group endeavor, introspection through character development, and deep understanding of the creative process. All students participate in the drama program.
The middle school sponsors two major dramatic events during the year. In the winter there is an all middle school production that has included such plays as Mulan, Seussical, and Alice in Wonderland. In the spring there is a school-wide production of The Ramayana!, an ancient Indian classic depicting an adventurous struggle between the forces of good and evil.
Performing Arts News
- South Valley magazine: Fairy Tales - January 30, 2017
- Order Your Into the Woods Video Recording - January 30, 2017
- Santa Cruz Sentinel: Mount Madonna Presents Winter Concert - January 19, 2017
- “Into The Woods” Tickets On Sale Now - December 13, 2016
- The Stories We Tell Our Children: “Into The Woods” Onstage - December 13, 2016