We believe that students can learn many important life skills through dramatic performance. They can learn poise and confidence in public speaking, responsible participation in a group endeavor, introspection through character development, and deep understanding of the creative process. All students participate in the drama program.
The middle school sponsors two major dramatic events during the year. In the winter there is an all middle school production that has included such plays as Lion King, Mulan, Seussical, and Pirates of Penzance. In the spring there is a school-wide production of The Ramayana!, an ancient Indian classic depicting an adventurous struggle between the forces of good and evil.
Performing Arts News
- Winter Concert and HONK! Jr. Photos Available - January 15, 2019
- “HONK! Jr.” Performance Photos Available! - December 14, 2018
- South Valley magazine: HONK! Jr - December 12, 2018
- Vulnerability and Fitting In: “13” the Musical Onstage – Tickets On Sale Now - November 30, 2018
- A Celebration of Being Different: “HONK! Jr. Onstage; Tickets on Sale Now - November 14, 2018