We believe that students can learn many important life skills through dramatic performance. They can learn poise and confidence in public speaking, responsible participation in a group endeavor, introspection through character development, and deep understanding of the creative process. All students participate in the drama program.
The middle school sponsors two major dramatic events during the year. In the winter there is an all middle school production that has included such plays as Lion King, Mulan, Seussical, and Pirates of Penzance. In the spring there is a school-wide production of The Ramayana!, an ancient Indian classic depicting an adventurous struggle between the forces of good and evil.
Performing Arts News
- Morgan Hill Times: Lion King Jr. Onstage in December - November 27, 2017
- Redemption and Discovery: “The Lion King, Jr.” Onstage - November 16, 2017
- The Connection, 2016-17 - November 13, 2017
- Lion King Cast List and Costume Needs - October 7, 2017
- Urinetown Cast List and Costume Needs - October 7, 2017