We believe that students can learn many important life skills through dramatic performance. They can learn poise and confidence in public speaking, responsible participation in a group endeavor, introspection through character development, and deep understanding of the creative process. All students participate in the drama program.
The middle school sponsors two major dramatic events during the year. In the winter there is an all middle school production that has included such plays as Lion King, Mulan, Seussical, and Pirates of Penzance. In the spring there is a school-wide production of The Ramayana!, an ancient Indian classic depicting an adventurous struggle between the forces of good and evil.
Performing Arts News
- “Urinetown, The Musical” Photos Available - February 2, 2018
- Morgan Hill Life: Mt. Madonna Students Push the Envelope with “Urinetown” - January 30, 2018
- Register-Pajaronian: Mount Madonna School Presents “Urinetown” - January 25, 2018
- Fresh, Relevant and Provocative: ‘Urinetown, The Musical” Onstage - January 4, 2018
- Register-Pajaronian: Mount Madonna School Presents “Lion King Jr.” - December 13, 2017