Mount Madonna School (MMS) prioritizes the safety of our school and extended community, and we are working to cultivate a trusting and transparent relationship with our community. At MMS, we are going to great lengths to layer multiple mitigation strategies in our daily protocols and procedures. For these strategies to be effective and allow our school to offer in-person instruction, everyone in our school community must understand their role and responsibility in keeping each other safe and adhere to personal behaviors outside the school and home. Students, parents, faculty and staff play a critical role in reducing the spread of COVID-19, and we ask all members of our community to demonstrate their commitment to helping maintain the health and well-being of the MMS community by taking and honoring the school’s COVID-19 pledge.
Mount Madonna’s COVID-19 Pledge is a voluntary way for families to demonstrate their commitment to the health and well-being of the school community.
I pledge to:
- Follow all public health directives and guidelines,
- Monitor our family for COVID-19 symptoms and complete Mount Madonna’s symptom screening each morning before departing for school,
- Keep children home if they feel ill and consult a medical professional if you or your child(ren) display COVID-19 symptoms,
- Educate our children on the benefits of wearing face coverings for our society and wear face coverings when outside the home,
- Educate our children on the importance of physical distancing and practice physical distancing when outside the home,
- Educate our children on healthy hygiene habits and practice healthy hygiene habits,
- Participate in COVID-19 testing and contact tracing as instructed to preserve public health
- Communicate with the school around issues of COVID-19 testing, exposure, and quarantine,
- Inform the school if your family intends to travel outside the state and understand that out-of-state travel will require self-quarantine for 14 days or a negative COVID-19 test, and
- Show kindness, respect and compassion to our fellow Mount Madonna community members during these unprecedented times.