MMS PARENT REPRESENTATIVE, FINANCE RESEARCH AND SALES, MMS PARENT
- Finance research and sales and one of the original employees for Gerson Lehrman Group
- Co-founder and CEO of Wise Devices
- Began a career in finance at Wall Street firms such as Merrill Lynch and UBS
- Singer/songwriter, producer
- Parent of 2 students at MMS; Taylor and Logan.
Beth Brennan, M.D.
MMS PARENT REPRESENTATIVE, MEDICAL DIRECTOR PALLIATIVE CARE SERVICE OF DOMINICAN HOSPITAL, PALLIATIVE CARE PHYSICIAN FOR PAMF, MMS PARENT
- M.D., UC Los Angeles
- B.A., UC San Diego, majors in Anthropology and Biology
- Board Certified Internal Medicine and Palliative Care
- Started practicing Primary care Medicine in Santa Cruz in 1997
- Previous Vice President of the Board of Physicians Medical Group, Santa Cruz
- Parent of 3 students at MMS; Noah, Kira and Sam.
Carson Kelly, B.A.
MMS PARENT REPRESENTATIVE, MMS PARENT
- B.A. Philosophy, University of Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz
- Chair of the Marketing Committee for the gym campaign
- Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Visual World, Inc.
- Former middle school soccer coach
- Major fundraiser for the local soccer clubs in Santa Cruz.
- Parent of 1 MMS alumni, Zoe ’14, and two current students; Indigo and Cecily.
Christine Smith, J.D.
MMS PARENT REPRESENTATIVE, MMS PARENT, ATTORNEY
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law
- B.A., Smith College, majoring in History (Modern European Studies)
- Specialty in criminal law
- Volunteer for the Law Center for the Prevention of Gun Violence
- Freelance writer and editor
- Parent of 1 MMS alumni, Caroline ’17 and 1 current MMS student, Cavan
Emma Petersen, B.A.
MMS ALUMNI MEMBER, CLASS OF 2011
- B.A., Liberal Studies; Special Education (minor), Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, California
- Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
MEMBER AT LARGE, MMS PARENT
- Committed member of the Marketing Committee and Major Gifts campaign for the gym
- Founder and Director of Monterey Bay Mortgage Company, Capitola
- Parent of 2 current MMS students; Savannah and Bella.
J.Haley Campbell, M.A.
MMS FACULTY REPRESENTATIVE, HIGH SCHOOL ENGLISH FACULTY, CREATIVE WRITING, MMS ALUMNA ’02
- M.F.A. Writing, University of San Francisco;
- M.A. Teaching with Secondary Credential, Westminster College
- B.A. English with Minor in Business Administration, University of San Francisco
- Creative Writing Teacher, San Francisco 2011-12
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of San Francisco, 2011
- English and Honors English Teacher and Performing Arts Teacher, Kearns, Utah, 2008-10
- Student Teacher for English, Honors English and Creative Writing, Park City Utah, 2007-08
- Joined Mount Madonna School in 2014
Jenni Leach, M.A.
MMS FACULTY REPRESENTATIVE, DIRECTOR OF LOWER SCHOOL, DIRECTOR OF SUMMER PROGRAM, ELEMENTARY 2ND GRADE TEACHER, MMS PARENT
- Professional Clear Multi Subject Teaching Credential K‐8
- M.A., Education ‐ multi cultural/ESL, University of CO, Boulder
- B.A., Developmental Psychology, Sonoma State University
- Lead Teacher, 2008‐2010, Tara Redwood School, Soquel
- 3rd Grade Teacher, 2001‐2004 Luther Burbank Elementary, San Jose
- Traveled internationally and taught English abroad
- Joined Mount Madonna School in 2010
- Parent of MMS student, Denali.
Jivanti Rutansky, M.S.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS, EXECUTIVE COUNCIL, SECURITY TEAM
- M.S., Pupil Personnel/Education Counseling, Florida International University
- B.A., Sociology, University of Florida, Gainesville
- Member: National Assoc., College Admissions Counseling
- Joined Mount Madonna School in 1981
- Served on MMS Major Gifts Committee for the capital campaign
- Vice President and Client Director of Gartner, Inc.
- Served on the committee that created and hosted the High School Career Forum
- Parent of 2 MMS alumni; Mara (’10) and Jake (’13).
Leticia “Letty” Bess
MEMBER AT LARGE, DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE VOLUNTEER
- Attended Seton Hall University, Jersey City State College
- Parent of 3 MMS alumni; Chelsea (’11), Courtney (’12) and Cameron (’16)
- Joined Mount Madonna School in 2011
Prema Gammons, B.A.
MMS FACULTY REPRESENTATIVE, PRESCHOOL/KINDERGARTEN, SECOND GRADE SCIENCE AND ELEMENTARY SPANISH TEACHER
- B.A. Early Childhood Education, Naropa University, Boulder CO
- Multiple Subject Teaching Credential, California State University Monterey Bay
- Joined Mount Madonna School in 2014
Rajendra Ronald Bingham
TREASURER OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS, FINANCE COMMITTEE
- San Jose State Studies in Business & Finance, Computer Science, Industrial Arts, Literature, and Psychology
- Financial Analyst, IBM General Products Division
- Software Engineer, IBM Silicon Valley Laboratories, Software Division
- Creator of four patents
- Chief Financial Officer, Mount Madonna Center
- Member, Board of Directors, Mount Madonna Center, 1998‐present
- Joined Mount Madonna School in 2004
MMS STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE
- MMS Class of 2018
Sadanand “SN” Ward Mailliard, B.A.
VICE PRESIDENT OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS, TRUSTEE, EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEMBER, HIGH SCHOOL FACULTY
- B.A., University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Founding member of Mount Madonna Center resident community
- Member, Board of Directors, Mount Madonna Center
- President, Hanuman Fellowship
- Member of the Council of Elders (Panchayat), Hanuman Fellowship
- MMS Faculty: “Values in World Thought” Class
- Instructor in the Mount Madonna Center Yoga, Service, and Community program, 1994‐ present
- Joined Mount Madonna School 1987
Sarada Judith Diffenbaugh, Ph.D.
PRESIDENT OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS, EXECUTIVE COUNCIL, FORMER HEAD OF SCHOOL
- Ph.D., Education with an emphasis in Design and Development of
- Education Programs, and dissertation on Moral Education, Minor in Psychology, Stanford University
- M.A., San Jose State University, Education
- State of California Lifetime Multiple Subject California Teaching Credential
- Reading Specialist Credential
- B.A., Religious Studies and Psychology, UC Santa Cruz
- Instructor, MMC Yoga Program
- Founding Member of MMC resident community
- Joined MMS in 1979
Supriya Mary McDonald, B.A.
HEAD OF SCHOOL, SECRETARY OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS, EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEMBER, FINANCE COMMITTEE, ADMISSIONS TEAM, DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE, ELEMENTARY HEALTH EDUCATION TEACHER
- State of California Multiple Subject Teaching Credential, P/K‐Adult
- State of Washington Multiple Subject Teaching Credential, Pre/K‐Adult
- Teacher Certification, University of Washington, Seattle
- B.A., in Education, Western Washington University, Bellingham
- Parent of two MMS alumni, Ramesh ‘99 and PK ‘04.
- Joined Mount Madonna School in 1987
New Board Member Appointments
The Nominating Committee will receive nominations for available board positions in April and the Trustees will approve all new members to begin terms in July.