Parent Representative, Finance Research and Sales
- Finance research and sales and one of the original employees for Gerson Lehrman Group
- Co-founder and CEO of Wise Devices
- Began a career in finance at Wall Street firms such as Merrill Lynch and UBS
- Singer/songwriter, producer
- Parent MMS Students; Taylor and Logan
Beth Brennan, M.D.
Parent Representative, Medical Director Palliative Care Service of Dominican Hospital, Palliative Care Physician for PAMF
- M.D., UC Los Angeles
- B.A., UC San Diego, majors in Anthropology and Biology
- Board Certified Internal Medicine and Palliative Care
- Started practicing Primary care Medicine in Santa Cruz in 1997
- Previous Vice President of the Board of Physicians Medical Group, Santa Cruz
- Parent of MMS Students; Noah, Kira and Sam
Blythe Collier, B.A.
Alumni Member, Class of 2012
- B.A. Psychology, Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA
- Arts and Social Change, School for International Training, Study Abroad, Czech Republic
- Education Team Manager, Engineers Without Borders, Santa Clara University Chapter
Carson Kelly, B.A.
- B.A. Philosophy, University of Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz
- Chair of the Marketing Committee for the gym campaign
- Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Visual World, Inc.
- Former middle school soccer coach
- Major fundraiser for the local soccer clubs in Santa Cruz.
- Parent MMS alumni; Zoe ’14 and Indigo ’18 and current student; Cecily
Christine Smith, J.D.
Parent Representative, Attorney
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law
- B.A., Smith College, majoring in History (Modern European Studies)
- Specialty in criminal law
- Volunteer for the Law Center for the Prevention of Gun Violence
- Freelance writer and editor
- Parent of MMS alumni; Caroline ’17 and current student; Cavan
Member at Large
- Committed member of the Marketing Committee and Major Gifts campaign for the gym
- Founder and Director of Monterey Bay Mortgage Company, Capitola
- Parent of current MMS students; Savannah and Bella
Jenni Leach, M.A.
Faculty Representative, Elementary 3rd/4th Grade Teacher
- Professional Clear Multi Subject Teaching Credential K‐8
- M.A., Education ‐ multi cultural/ESL, University of CO, Boulder
- B.A., Developmental Psychology, Sonoma State University
- Lead Teacher, 2008‐2010, Tara Redwood School, Soquel
- 3rd Grade Teacher, 2001‐2004 Luther Burbank Elementary, San Jose
- Traveled internationally and taught English abroad
- Joined Mount Madonna School in 2010
- Parent of MMS student; Denali
- Served on MMS Major Gifts Committee for the capital campaign
- Vice President and Client Director of Gartner, Inc.
- Served on the committee that created and hosted the High School Career Forum
- Parent of MMS alumni; Mara ’10 and Jake ’13
Prema Gammons, B.A.
Faculty Representative, Elementary 2nd Grade Teacher, Elementary and Middle School Spanish Teacher
- BA Early Childhood Education, minor in Visual Arts and Religious Studies Naropa University, Boulder, CO
- Multiple Subject Teaching Credential, CBEST and CSET certified, CSU Monterey Bay
- Supplemental Credential, Family and Consumer Studies
- UNICEF representative- Jalapa, Nicaragua
- Joined Mount Madonna School in 2014
Rajendra Ronald Bingham
Treasurer, MMS Finance Committee
- San Jose State Studies in Business & Finance, Computer Science, Industrial Arts, Literature, and Psychology
- Financial Analyst, IBM General Products Division
- Software Engineer, IBM Silicon Valley Laboratories, Software Division
- Creator of four patents
- Chief Financial Officer, Mount Madonna Center
- Member, Board of Directors, Mount Madonna Center, 1998‐present
- Joined Mount Madonna School in 2004
- MMS Class of 2019
Sadanand “SN” Ward Mailliard, B.A.
Vice President, MMS Trustee, MMS Executive Council Member, High School Faculty
- B.A., University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Founding member of Mount Madonna Center resident community
- Member, Board of Directors, Mount Madonna Center
- President, Hanuman Fellowship
- Member of the Council of Elders (Panchayat), Hanuman Fellowship
- MMS Faculty: “Values in World Thought” Class
- Instructor in the Mount Madonna Center Yoga, Service, and Community program, 1994‐ present
- Joined Mount Madonna School 1987
Sarada Judith Diffenbaugh, Ph.D.
President, MMS Executive Council Member, Former MMS Head of School
- Ph.D., Education with an emphasis in Design and Development of
- Education Programs, and dissertation on Moral Education, Minor in Psychology, Stanford University
- M.A., San Jose State University, Education
- State of California Lifetime Multiple Subject California Teaching Credential
- Reading Specialist Credential
- B.A., Religious Studies and Psychology, UC Santa Cruz
- Instructor, MMC Yoga Program
- Founding Member of MMC resident community
- Joined MMS in 1979
Supriya Mary McDonald, B.A.
Secretary, MMS Executive Council Member, Head of School, Finance Committee, Admissions Team, Development Committee, Elementary Health Teacher
- State of California Multiple Subject Teaching Credential, P/K‐Adult
- State of Washington Multiple Subject Teaching Credential, Pre/K‐Adult
- Teacher Certification, University of Washington, Seattle
- B.A., in Education, Western Washington University, Bellingham
- Parent of two MMS alumni, Ramesh ‘99 and PK ‘04.
- Joined Mount Madonna School in 1987
New Board Member Appointments
The Nominating Committee will receive nominations for available board positions in April and the Trustees will approve all new members to begin terms in July.
Emeritus Board Members
Ralph A. Wolff, J.D.
Past President and Executive Director of WASC
Vivian Wright, B.B.S.