The school has curated educational tools to facilitate student learning and engagement. These educational technology tools will be accessible using the Schoology platform.
Education Tech Tools
- Reflective writing, journaling, guided note-taking
- Discussion boards, assignment submission, post/share/ respond to audio, video, images, media
- Writing, collaborating, peer editing google docs
- Virtual labs/simulations; home labs/observations
- Remote synchronous class
- Practice problems
- Research, writing, projects
- Online assessments (AP)
- Quiz, formative assessment
- Summative assessment
- Posting an update
- Posting an assignment
- Grading student work
- Sharing and annotating documents
- Creating a discussion board
- Creating a quiz or assessment
- How to create a poll
- Embed a Youtube video
- Individually assigning work to specific students
- Uploading audio, video, and images
- Submitting assignment - student view
- How to view teacher comments - student view
Similar to Pear Deck but less native to Google Slides. Includes
Augmented Reality and other kinds of content. There are many user submitted lessons that you can start with and adapt.
Create interactive Google Slides to assess student learning
- Set Up Your Account And Tour Your Pear Deck Home
- Make A Pear Deck From Scratch
- Add Pear Deck Questions To An Existing Presentation
- How To Present A Pear Deck
- Managing Student Responses
- How To Use The Teacher Dashboard As A Remote Control
- How To Use The Slide Library
- What Is Student-paced Mode?
- Capture Teachable Moments With Questions On The Fly
- How To Give Students Personalized Notes
- Inviting Students To Join Your Session
- Launch Sessions Quickly With Pear Deck Pop-up Activities
- Add Audio To Pear Deck Slides
- Giving Teacher Feedback With Pear Deck
Assessment, student engagement, student response systems for game-like quizzes, checks for understanding
Kahoot! is a game-based learning platform. Its learning games, “Kahoots”, are user-generated multiple-choice quizzes.
Delivering Content (Collaboration)
- Resources for Parents
- Got a Flipgrid assignment? Here’s where you can find out how to make your voice heard.
- Resources for Teachers
- Flipgrid PD- Courses scheduled throughout the month of August
- Flipgrid Basics
- Flipgrid for Educators
- How to Teach Remotely with Flipgrid?
- Flipgrid Tutorials for Teachers
- Resources for Parents
Padlet is a website and app that allows students to collaborate with each other by curating information onto virtual bulletin boards using simple drag-and-drop systems in real time. Students and teachers can start with a template or a blank page and add videos, text, links, documents, and images to the wall and organize it, like a page full of Post-it notes. Students can also upload documents they’ve created, such as class notes or completed assignments. More than one person can contribute to a Padlet wall, which allows for collaboration and group projects.
Resources for Teachers
Delivering Content (Interactive Lessons and Narrated Videos)
- Guide to Using Loom for Education
- Loom: Bring Learning Alive With Screencasting In The Classroom
- How to Use Loom to Make Better Educational Video
Delivering Content (Discussion & Student Generated Input)
Delivering Content (Checking for Understanding, Feedback and Assessment)
Online math supplement implemented before remote learning to assign 90 minutes a week to students both in class and at home.