Like to mountain bike? Want to get fit and have fun with classmates and other school parents?
Mount Madonna School (MMS) fifth through twelfth grade students, parents and guardians are invited to come join a new Mountain Biking Club.
Bike club riders will meet at 3:30 on Wednesdays and Fridays at the MMS Upper Campus entrance/parking lot.
MMS teacher Premdas “PD” Rohan, an avid mountain bicyclist, is sponsoring the club. He proposed getting together to mountain bike as a way to help MMS students develop with an additional outdoor skill, as well as a way to encourage appreciation for and enjoyment of the surrounding natural environment.
Rides will take place on Center property surrounding the MMS campus, utilizing the many fire roads which offer a nice progression for the differing abilities of the kids over time.
There will be at least two responsible adults present on each ride. One adult will ride at the front of the pack, and the other will ride behind the students, to ensure that no one is left behind. One of the responsible adults will be equipped with a first-aid kit and cell phone for emergencies.
BEFORE joining the club and riding, all participants are required to have completed a waiver, holding Mount Madonna Center and MMS harmless. The waiver is attached below and can be downloaded, completed and turned into the MMS Office. Parents and guardians need to sign a waiver for each student participant.
All participants must adhere to the mountain biking club safety rules, which include:
– Wearing a UL- approved mountain biking helmet
– No passing on the downhill portions of the fire roads
– All riders must stay with the mountain biking group on the designated fire roads and not go off by themselves
– Bikes should be well-maintained have a safety inspection by a professional prior to the first ride
– All club members will maintain positive attitude toward their fellow club members